Relation Manager , Retail Banking Group - Guwahati
Date of Interview : 23rd April 2023
Mode of Interview : Face to Face
Interview Time : 10:00 AM To 3:00 PM
Address : ICICI Bank Regional Office, Ohio Shopping Complex (Mezzanine Floor), MG Road, Fancy Bazar, Guwahati - 781001
The Retail Banking Group of ICICI Bank serves customer segments such as individuals, business banking, government, and retail institutions. Our customer relationship teams are present across the country through a wide distribution of over 5,200 branches. Further, our Digital Banking services offer the full spectrum of banking solutions to our customers. The relationship teams and the digital channels complement each other to offer a unique value proposition to our customers. In our endeavour to offer 360-degree banking, we have adopted a unique customer-centric approach of ICICI Stack. Click here to know more. ICICI Stack covers the full spectrum of banking services consisting of bank accounts, payments, banking transactions, credit cards, personal loans, mortgage loans, vehicle loans, business & institutional banking solutions etc.
In our effort to be the Bank of Choice, we continuously strive to understand and serve the banking needs of our customers. The process includes:
- Offering solutions that are fair to the Customer and Fair to the Bank
- Offering 360-degree banking solutions that meet the needs of our customers
- Constantly exploring emerging market opportunities, trends and changing customer preferences
- Build and offer suitable propositions to our customers
- Deliver best in class service to our customers
The retail relationship team anchors the above responsibility. While doing so, the team works collaboratively with different internal stakeholders to offer 360-degree banking. The relationship team is responsible to nurture existing relationships, on boarding new customers and provide best in class service.
Role of a Relationship Manager
As a Relationship Manager, you get an opportunity to engage with high-value customers of ICICI Bank and offer 360 degree-banking solutions. You are responsible for developing, and expanding the ICICI Customer family, by providing unique, fair and optimum solutions considering the evolving needs of our customers. By your superior service as a one-point of contact, you would get an opportunity to position ICICI Bank as the bank of choice amongst our customers. As a relationship manager, you would be required to continuously understand the evolving customer preferences, market trends and identify new opportunities of growth of your portfolio. The role requires you to collaborate seamlessly across teams at ICICI Bank to offer superior service and ensure a quick turnaround time for all customer queries and requirements. As we deepen our market presence, we are in search of an experienced relationship manager to nurture customer relationships and onboard new customers. As a relationship manager, you understand the fundamental drivers of the market, business, customers, and competitors. Your insight is critical to making the right decisions in the pursuit of long-term customer and business value. We are seeking a qualified relationship manager to extend our market reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build ICICI Bank as the preferred bank amongst our customers. Key accountabilities include customer feedback and defined business outcomes.
- Partner with customers through their life-cycle and offer suitable products and services based on their financial needs
- Nurture the current customer relationships while maintaining the quality of the portfolio
- Expand and develop the customer base by onboarding new customers
- Analyse consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships to offer unique and technology-driven solutions
- Build a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline per market opportunities
- Collaborate and coordinate to implement different marketing strategies
- Formulate sales strategies, tap into cross-selling and upsell opportunities, to ensure maximum customer reach.
- Offer 360-degree banking to the individual, professional and business ecosystem
- A customer seeks insights and advice and hence superior knowledge and service are distinguishing factors of success
Few of your daily activities may include
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers
- Collaborate frequently with internal stakeholders to work towards the right solutions and market strategy
- Manage proposal response process
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching sales and customer relationship strategy, sales processes and structure
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis
The candidate should have a Post-Graduate/MBA degree from a leading institution with specialization in any stream; Or a Graduate degree with experience in relationship management
The relationship Manager shall have an overall experience of 0-5 years in sales and relationship management in any industry. Experience in Relationship Management in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) will be preferred
- Should have an ability to build relationships and understand banking requirements
- Orientation to learn about various products and financial offerings
- Orientation to build and develop customer relationships
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Should have an orientation to learn
New joinees will be assigned a specific portfolio in one of the customer segments. ICICI Bank equips new employees with the right product and sales process knowledge. The training programs are comprehensive and endow participants with the right required skills to serve customers effectively.