Probationary Officer Programme for Sales and Relationship Management is an initiative of ICICI Bank in partnership with Manipal Global Education Services. The Training Programme aims to attract young talent who wish to pursue a career in sales and relationship banking. It is a vocational training programme designed to develop a pool of first level managers with banking knowledge and required skill-sets to perform efficiently in their day to day activities. The roles offered on joining the bank after successful completion of the Programme will involve sales, servicing, cross-selling and acquiring new customers through field visits as part of the duties/tasks assigned. Similarly, internship / on-the-job-training periods will also involve these duties/tasks as part of the learning process.
- One year full time residential programme conducted at ICICI Manipal Academy campus, Bengaluru including dual internship at ICICI Bank
- The programme focuses on balanced approach of providing inputs comprising of relevant knowledge, developing sales and relationship banking skills and shaping required behaviour
- The training imparts knowledge and skills in core banking areas like banking products, processes, systems, regulations and compliance frameworks involved in day to day operations
- More than 20,000 students have been associated with the programme and more than 18,000 students have since graduated from the programme. On successful completion of the training programme, students are absorbed in ICICI Bank as frontline sales and relationship managers in Deputy Manager Band I grade, in addition to being awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking from Manipal University
- The programme structure is as follows:
- Term 1 (4 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 2 (2 months) - Internship at ICICI Bank
- Term 3 (2 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 4 (4 months) - On-the-job training at ICICI Bank
- The students have the opportunity to specialize in different areas of sales and relationship banking.
- A monthly stipend is paid to students during both campus terms & internship.
- Stipend of Rs 5000 for the first eight months and Rs 16000 ? Rs 20500 (Depending on City) during On the Job Training (4 months)
The Probationary Officer Training Programme is a cashless bridge to managerial jobs for aspiring students. To pursue the Probationary Officer Training Programme, the interested students will have to invest:
Rs. 3,71,700/- (Loan amount of Rs.3,15,000/- Plus applicable Goods and Service Tax, which is presently at 18%)
Rs.16,800/- (Cost of Tablet + Cover + SD Card + GST
Total amount: Rs.3,88,500/-
Students have an option of either availing an education loan from ICICI Bank or of self-funding the course fee. After completion of the Training Programme, the Probationary Officers will be absorbed as Deputy Manager Band I in the Bank.
- Graduation with 55% (Aggregate) marks
- Up to 27 years of age
- Freshers can also apply