Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB) Programme is an initiative of ICICI Bank in partnership with Manipal University. The Probationary Officers training programme aims to attract young talent who wish to pursue a career in banking. It is a vocational training programme designed to develop a pool of first level managers with banking knowledge and required skill-sets to perform efficiently in their day-to-day activities.
- The programme focuses on balanced approach of providing inputs of relevant knowledge, developing deep banking skills and shaping required behaviors
- The training imparts knowledge and skills in core banking areas like banking products, processes, systems, regulations and compliance frameworks involved in day-to-day operations
- With more than thousand real-life case studies on service, sales and compliance themes interwoven in the course curriculum, the new curriculum lays greater emphasis on skill building of the Probationary Officers so as to enable them to deliver productivity from day one
- Innovative pedagogy tools such as Co-teaching attempt to enrich the end-to-end learning experience of the trainees
- The faculty is regularly trained not only by experts from ICICI Bank but also by experts from leading foreign universities
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure with Computer Lab facility and a Simulator Branch & Processing Centre for experiential learning
- The students have the opportunity to specialize in different areas of retail banking
- A cashless bridge in the form of a loan is provided to all participants to fund the cost of the programme
- A monthly stipend is paid to students both during campus terms & internship
- More than 14,000 students have been associated with the programme and more than 12,000 students have since graduated from the programme
The programme structure is as follows:
- Term 1 (4 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 2 (2 months) - Internship at ICICI Bank
- Term 3 (2 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 4 (4 months) - On-the-job training at ICICI Bank
- Those who have completed graduation with 55% (Aggregate) marks in any discipline.
- Up to 25 years of age as on 31st December 2016 (Should have been born on or after 31st December 1991).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for the selection process
The above will be considered as the threshold criteria for shortlisting.
Selection Process and Fees of the Training Programme